Sunday, November 5, 2017

2 months down??

How two months have already gone by since I've been in Kansas is still a mystery to me! I can't believe that I am more than 1/2 way done with my internship! This month has been a hard one, to say the least. My grandma passed away on October 11th. While it wasn't completely unexpected, (her health has been deteriorating over the past year) it still hit me really hard! Being away from my family was really hard but I was incredibly blessed to be able to go home for her funeral! I also had the opportunity to share some memories during the funeral. My main goal was to bring a smile to the faces of my family members and all of the people who were there. My grandma was an incredible woman. While no, she didn't have a filter most of the time, she taught me so much about life, service, sacrifice, hard work, and perseverance. I will miss her phone calls while I'm at college asking me about the things I'm learning and whether or not I'm taking time to have fun. I'll also miss stopping in to see her when I'm in Weiser. Me and my siblings were so extremely fortunate to live so close to both sets of our grandparents all growing up. I wish I would have appreciated them more when they were all still alive! I'm grateful for the legacy that my grandma left behind! All of my siblings were able to make it to Idaho for the funeral and it was so great to spend time together as a family. We were just missing my brother in law.

Anyway, it was so great to be able to spend a few days at home, but I was definitely ready to come back to Kansas and get back to work!! Being in Kansas for the past two months has been SUCH a blessing in my life. It has gone by way too fast and I don't know how I'm going to leave when the time comes!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment